Currently I have to spend quite alot time in the 'Lab'... PC's which have MATLAB installed.
Not that the Lab is just available from 9sth , depending when one of the two lazy PC admins arrives to open the room. somestimes just half the pc's will be switched on from the beginning.
The lab closes, i.e. the power is switched off 16.50 mo-thu and 16.20 fr... that seems to be 10min to their end of shift.
But the two seems and are extremely unfriendly. They act like they were the king of everything... but these poor little guys may dont have anything else in live.
Once of of the wankers botherd me coz I was drinking sth in the room. Normally u can drink everywhere, even in the library if u sit on a pc and have books to read, also in lecture rooms. In these rooms are no drinking signs but even the lecturers drink sth.
Today the same fucking wanker botherd a black fellow student, coz he had his notebook cable lying across the floor... and then he alo said, that ever cable plugged in has to be proved.
blabal.... probably coz of ther poor wireing
Anyway... maybe its something about pc admins that they have to be unfriednly, maybe its also in ther job requirement.
But you would never find such unfriendly personal in Germany.
-----------
Before SG complains, he appears to be a quite friendly pc admin as far as I can say.
Now the guy came up with maybe his supervisor, which seems to be more friendly, and they asked an asian student to remove his unproved plug.....
Vieles ist halt doch besser in Deutschland.
many things are better in Germany, things u are not aware of.... things you take for granted...
but the sure arent!
Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2008
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
20 Kommentare:
Hehe, Jan
you only know me in my free time. When I actually work as an administrator in the institute I'm so unfriendly that even the Bastard Operator from Hell comes over to learn :D
Well, I know why they're so bitchy - they have to work with MATLAB, that explains a lot :D
To get this entry to a serious end, do you need MATLAB over there on your home computer? We have the CDs for the installation and the TU Braunschweig has a license pool for the students. But I don't know what's about the Toolboxes, they don't have licenses for every toolbox and only a limited number of licenses. Just tell me and I'll bring the CDs next week.
OMG Bastard Operator from Hell! LOL! I haven't read that in a while =DD I miss it!
It's funny but I'd hate having a BOFH help me with any of my computer problems ;p
Well well,
may be every thing wasnt that bad, I guess I'm more under stress at the moment as I think I am.
....
Anyway I think to much.
for aki
this episode of BOFH is cool
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/18/bofh_2008_episode_14/
why do you know the BOFH? Normally only computer geeks know the stories?!
OMG! Hahaha, what a load of crap! It's so funny how he's mocking them by just using a cup!
"We prefer to think of it as a total maintenance solution aimed at providing the best possible cup experience for the user."
People use that line all the time, but this line puts in a whole new different light that makes it look so rubbish! ...Then again I never really fall for the 'best experience' thingamagicky.
Oh yes.
What makes you so confident that I'm not a computer geek?
Hmmm?
What da hell r both of u talking about???
I have absolutly no clue........
I guess then, I am definetly not a cumputer geek
@Jan
hehe, just search for BOFH at wikipedia and you'll find information and some of the stories. but the humor is sometimes quite hard to find ;)
@Aki
<macho mode>Girls can't be computer geeks </macho mode> :-p
Ok, a serious answer (beside the fact that my boss is female, so she proves the sentence wrong) is that I read your blog and especially the post from Friday, September 21, 2007, proves me right. A geek would never even think about hanging him/herself somewhere because of a computer problem. He would just solve it :D
So I dont think you're a computer geek. If you want to prove me wrong or just punch me in the face for macho-like-behaviour (I read about another guys fate on your entry from Sunday, February 10, 2008, you seem to give a short shrift to people who annoy you ;) ) I'm in Nottingham next week. Please tell me before if i have to run when I see a person that could be you :D
@both of you
And I finally found a bag for me that complies to Ryanair hand luggage regularities :)
OMG haha. I can't believe u read that much of my posts slash rantings.
Okay, I have to come clean. I am not a computer geek. But I wish I am - because I think they're cool (if my girl friends hear this she will flip and go 'ew') and I'll never hear the end of it.
You have to give me some allowance for feeling like hanging myself though, because of my mental state. 3 days without internet connection? Anyone would go mental.
And yes, you're right. I don't tolerate people who annoy me - because usually it sprouts from studidity and I have very low tolerance to that.
Buuut anyway, I won't actually say that I'm a computer 'bimbo' either. At least my firefox isn't crowded with google/yahoo/skype toolbars, my desktop is clean from '50 free mp3s!' and other unknown suspicious applications, I reformat my own computer AND I can know how to use msconfig and cmd function in run! XD Okay, completely random I know, but see? I have potential!
And to answer your 'why do you know BOFH?' question, I have this group of male friends who are computer geeks and I learn a lot from them. But the one who makes me, ME, is my second brother (that I call Bemer, that's not his real name though) who I regard as the greatest computer genius of all times and he taught me everything I learned =D
But hey, at least my love for computers is there.
If not for my love for something greater than computers, I would be a computer geek now ;p
And I salute your boss! Who shatter stereotypes and show that women CAN be computer geeks!
PS: Jan told me you were coming. Make sure you bring a headgear. (Coz I might bring an 8 ounce boxing glove and start finishing you off with a Dempsey Roll ;) )
please note: now I'm officially afraid of coming to England and get beaten by a Malaysian girl with an 8 ounce boxing glove :p
I'm leaving now for the train and I won't take a computer with me so I wish you a very pleasent week and hope to see you there (@Jan, I just printed out the description where you live that we definitly see each other :D)
So currently I'm in Berlin, working and drinking a "Berlinder Kindl". How is the weather at your place? Here it's so hot, I am quite red and with a sunburn.
Regards
Christian & Stephan
Well hello, though I'm not sure to whom u r talking to.
The weather here is hot hot hot.
An in my room its even hotter, coz south side, little insulation, and half of its walls are "Außenwände"
And we should definetly take a few picture, before Aki gives u a free face correction....
Awhhh heyyy. Don't talk as if I'm so mean! I won't give him a free face correction because I'll charge him for it ;D
Is Christian ur friend who saw the banana phone?
Whatever it is, I'm studying for my second paper. Wish me all the best!!
Christian is my host in Berlin and a friend, yes.
And the guy who's paying for my stays in Berlin normally in exchange for doing some administrator-work for his company. That's what we we are doing at the moment, so I'm not here just for fun :D
I have in mind that Jan has to do some important work too so I wish both of you good luck and "all the best".
@aki: are you finished with your work on Tuesday too?
Huh? My work on Tuesday? Whazzat? What work do I have on Tuesday? (except study)
Hm, Jan told me he had to finish something until Tuesday so I assumed you might have to do this work, too. But obviously you don't :D
I'm going to sleep now, sleep well and don't work too hard anymore, it's late ;)
THIS IS NOT A CHATROOM
Oh no, Jan is annoyed v.v
I have to run away now.
Nice chatting with you =DD
I'm fine,
just a short reminder.
and i got up more ... about my paper... as i found out a bout a small mistake, and that it would be easy to print colour...
Kommentar veröffentlichen