Donnerstag, 9. Oktober 2008

my work @ Bosch

What am I doing at Bosch PTCN………..and what means what….

First of all as some might know Bosch has many different businesses areas. Pretty famous is the automotive…I don’t have anything to do with that. Some might know Bosch refrigerators. ...that’s also sth. different.

Some of you might know Bosch power tools… the green ones…. I have partly to do with that…

Ok, I am here in Hangzhou, China. Here is a plant for Bosch Power Tool. There are different types…. The Germans of you will know the Green Bosch Tools, these are for high quality do-it-yourself (DIY), some might know the Blue Bosch Tools, and these are for professionals. Probably no-one will know Skill. These are read tools for DIY, with quality below Bosch Green. Bosch furthermore produces accessories for the tools.

If you’ll go to a market and look at a Bosch Green Tool, you wont find made in China…. Here in Hangzhou tools for Bosch Blue, Skill and Accessories are produced also some for Bosch Lawn&Garden.

But I also don’t have anything to do with that. That is PTCN = PowerToolsChiNa

On my name card is written PT/PUR-BL. That means PowerTools/PURchase-BuyoutLogistic

…so what does that mean? I have to do with OEM products, so products which a produces buy suppliers for Bosch. Actually our department could also be in Germany or whatever, but as most suppliers are in China/Asia it makes sense to be here…have Chinese ppl who can speak Chinese with them…just be close to market.

So what is my task? Besides so adhoc supply chain tasks and stuff support my main task is to determine the supplier service level SSL for those OEM suppliers which deliver the goods to several Bosch rBUs (regional business units) The measurement of this started a bit more than 6 moth ago with the intern before me.

So that am I doing here….8-16.30 5 days week. I hope you can a bit imagine what my work is about. Many stuff is still new for me, or got familiar the last weeks. Not only am I in a different country, I am also in a company I have never dealt with before….but I am getting used to it………..and hopefully will figure out my future way the next month.

Keine Kommentare: