Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2008

earthquake in nottingham

YES, I am serious.
On februar 27th at about 0.56 we had a small earthquake.
It started with few little movements and enden with one bigger one.

At the biginnign I thought it could be due to traffic. However, it is night, and it was different.
My flatmate Kenny also felt it and Sarah confirmed it, she lives about 2km far from here.
Two other friends of mine also confirmed that.

I really dindt expect to experience my first earthquake in UK. Thought more about Japan....


-------------

upgrade from 4.7 to 5.3 by The British Geological Survey

that is light to modarate
it may sounds alot, but bare in mind that the Richter
magnitude scale is logarithmic

2 Kommentare:

Stephan Goedecke hat gesagt…

hej
even at the conservative German news magazine "Tagesschau" the earthquake was described more dramatically. We want picture of you in a tent between debris and reports of large devastations :P Even when it's not true :D Life is boring enough ;)

Aki hat gesagt…

Hello! What;s up? =)

Haven't from you in a while!